- Provide surveys, designs, plan preparation and construction documents for County
road projects, recreation projects, bridge and storm drainage needs, sewer
projects, industrial parks, office building renovations, small building projects,
traffic improvements, etc.
- Provide for the administration of architect and engineer contracts and of construction
contracts, both grant funded and non-grant funded.
- Administrate County contracted architect and engineering services to provide the
most cost effective way to construct roads, bridges, buildings, etc.
- Provide solutions to drainage problems; coordinate troubleshooting of drainage problems
with the Highway Department and Water Quality Program, schedule field inspections as necessary to assure that
the recommended solution is carried out.
- Monitor the construction of new subdivisions to assure compliance with subdivision
regulations. Work in conjunction with the Planning Commission in reviewing subdivision