The Highway Department’s main function is to maintain 880 miles of surface treatment,
hot mix paved roads, and bridges to a level that is safe to the traveling public.
County vehicles and equipment maintenance, Traffic Shop, Landscaping and parts from
Stockroom are also provided as separate activities.
- Maintains county roadways and right-of-ways
- Installs driveway tiles and builds headwalls on driveways
- Maintains county parking lots, school parking lots, and pavement at county recreation
- Removes ice and snow from roadways during emergency conditions
- Removes fallen trees and dead animals from roadways
- Installs street signs and markers Stripes county roads and marks streets accordingly
- Maintains county vehicles for all departments Provides wrecker service for immobilized
- Repairs damaged county vehicles (i.e. body work, etc.)
- Who do I contact regarding driver’s license?
Tennessee State Driver’s License Center (423) 634-6218
- Who do I contact regarding city road repairs?
Chattanooga Public Works Dial 311
- Who do I call regarding interstate questions?
State of Tennessee Department of Transportation (423) 892-3430