Social Media Policy
Hamilton County, Tennessee maintains social media sites, Facebook, Twitter and
YouTube, for the purpose of augmenting the information provided by the County
through customary means. These social media sites do not replace traditional
and/or legal communication from Hamilton County.
It is the desire of Hamilton County that our social media sites that allow
public comments and posts be “family friendly” and constructive for the
community at large. It is not the intent of the County to edit or censor
submissions made by the public. However, posts that contain the following should
not be used and may be removed from Hamilton County’s social media sites as soon
as possible. Moreover, repeat offenders may be blocked from posting on these
- Posts that are designed to advertise a product or service.
- Hate speech.
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity.
- Images that are disruptive or disturbing pictures.
- Defamation of a person or people.
- Name calling and/or personal attacks.
- Comments that infringe on copyrights.
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
- Links to commercial and personal web sites.
Hamilton County reserves the right to modify this policy as necessary to
maintain the purpose of our social media.
Social media is a 24 hour medium, however, Hamilton County’s ability to moderate
these sites is not. We may not see every inappropriate comment immediately.
Please be patient and ignore any posts that may seem offensive.
Questions and comments may be sent to the Webmaster.