The Hamilton County Stormwater Pollution Control Program includes East Ridge, Collegedale, Ridgeside, Lakesite, Red Bank, Soddy Daisy, Lookout Mountain and the urbanized portion of unincorporated Hamilton County.
The City of Chattanooga, Hamilton County, and the Town of Signal Mountain drafted a Best Management Practices (BMP) Manual for each issue.
Best Management Practices (BMP) Manual
Best Management Practices (BMP) DRAFT Manual
Tennessee State Requirements for the program are:
- Provide public education and outreach regarding storm water (see our Education Programs)
- Provide opportunities for public participation
- Seek out illegal storm water discharges and investigate pollution reports (How to report pollution information)
- Permit, monitor, and enforce construction site and post-construction site runoff controls.
- Pollution Prevention and good housekeeping for public facilities
Other Documents Supporting the Program