Frequently Asked Questions: Community and Economic Development Department

Question: Where do the grants come from?
Answer: The County generally receives money from federal or state government, foundations, and corporations.

Question: Where can I request a grant?
Answer: Hamilton County does not provide grant awards to individuals. If you are seeking a grant for your non-profit organization, we suggest you contact United Way's Venture Forward for a list of local foundations and guidance in preparing an application. Federal grant opportunities may be found on; grants offered by the State of Tennessee can be found through the websites of individual state agencies.

Question: How do I reach your department?
Answer: (423)209-6810 or

Return to the Community and Economic Development Department

Note: The following links will open to another government website or government-affiliated page in a new tab.