The appraisers for the Hamilton County Assessor’s office make every effort to ensure that all unique characteristics of a property are considered
in establishing fair market value. When property owners have a concern regarding their appraisal or classification and do not agree with the Assessor’s
value, they should request an informal review.
The Informal review is an opportunity for the property owners to share information with the Assessor’s office in order for their property values to reflect fair market value.
To assist in the Informal Review, property owners should submit documentation that supports their opinion of the value of the property in question. Examples of such documentation include:
- Sales prices of similar properties in the immediate area within the last three years.
- Recent private appraisal.
- Photos of the property
- Any other information the property owners believe will assist appraisers in analyzing the property’s fair market value.
- Hospitality properties need to fill out this HOTELS & MOTELS form for the prior 3 fiscal years.
- All other Commercial or Industrial properties need to fill out this COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL form for the prior 3 fiscal years.
Informal reviews must be requested prior to May 20th.
You will be notified by mail regarding the results of your informal review.
INFORMAL REVIEW REQUEST FORM
You may also request a review by contacting the Assessor’s office at 423-209-7300 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.